Friday’s Alive is Lexington, Virginia’s premier outdoor concert series. As the name indicates the concerts are held on Friday’s the fun starts at 5:30 pm and runs until 9:00 pm. Proceeds from the concerts will be equally split among three charities.
- The Rockbridge SPCA
- The Blue Ridge Autism and Achievement Center - Buena Vista (BRAAC-BV)
Bring your family and friends to support a good cause, sorry no outside food, beverage or pets allowed.
Where: Davidson Park Downtown,in the shadow of the Courthouse
- June 8th
- June 22nd
- July 6th
- July 20th
- August 3rd
A BIG thank you goes out to our sponsors!
For more information about becoming a sponsor or "Friends of Friday's Alive" please contact Stuart Whetsell at [email protected].
Rockbridge Community Festival
This downtown festival is brought to you by the Lexington Rotary, Kiwanis and Jaycees. Join us for live music, food and of course shopping.
Where: Main Street, downtown Lexington
When: AUGUST 25, 2012
Christmas Parade Hot Chocolate
Each year the Jaycees want to give back to our community that supports us during the year. One way we are able to do this is by handing out FREE hot chocolate prior to the start of the annual Christmas parade. This is a great way for us to show our appreciation to the community face to face. We hope you will come out and warm up with us.
Where: Corner Stone Bank
When: DECEMBER 2012 (date and times coming!)
Community Service Projects and Philanthropic Fundraisers
Our motto includes “Giving Back” so each month the Jaycees plan or participate in a community service project or philanthropic fundraiser.
- Friday’s Alive (Summer)
- Great Strides Walk to benefit the Cystic Fibrosis (April)
- Relay for Life to benefit the American Cancer Society (May)
- Deck the Halls to benefit Project Horizon (November)
- Lexington Christmas Parade (December)
- Dog Walking at the SPCA (TBA)
- Habitat for Humanity (TBA)
Our motto also includes “Playing Here,” there are several planned and impromptu social events hosted or organized by our members.
Events to include:
- St. Patrick’s Day Party (March)
- Derby Party (May)
- Pre-Friday’s Alive Party, including skeet shooting, fishing, cook-out, etc. (TBD)
- 4th of July Party (July)
- Rockbridge Wine Festival (September)
- Halloween Party (TBD)
- Annual Christmas Party (December)
- Other events include; Bowling, Drive-In, Camping, Cook-outs, Sporting Events, Wine Tours, etc.
The Jaycees are a member of the Lexington Chamber of Commerce, therefore our members receive special notices and invitations to community events. We highlight these events at monthly meetings, through emails and word of mouth to ensure our members are receiving the full benefits of Lexington and Rockbridge County.